ICFO (http://icfo.eu) is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personnel. Today, in its area of specialization and category, the institute is consistently ranked among the highest-quality research institutions worldwide.
The ICFO Communications Unit has ambitious goals to communicate the frontier research activities and the societal impact of this research to the local and international communities. As a relatively new but already highly acclaimed research center, the need for a strong and strategically minded communications unit is of great importance.
We are looking for a dynamic, people-oriented individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills, a strong eye for nuance and attention to detail, reporting directly to the ICFO Corporate Communications Head.
His/her main tasks will be:
• Planning, execution and evaluation of events organized at ICFO including meetings, visits, VIP’s visits, seminars, conferences and workshops.
• Planning, execution and evaluation of events organized at ICFO within the framework of ICFOnians Program (program with the objective of establishing a basis for the integration of members of the ICFO community, as well as arousing their interest in Catalonia and its traditions).
He/she will be responsible for performing and coordinating all the activities related to the operation of events, in particular:
• Briefing meeting with Researcher or Responsible.
• Budget Management: look for, negotiate and contract client services.
• Coordinate site and technical design.
• Coordinate teams and people involved in the event.
• Work with outreach/documentation/graphics design team to produce invitations, brochures, flyers and documentation support for the event.
• Coordinate appropriate services for F&B needs.
• Contact participants, coordinate registration, attend participants’ requests, attend VIPs, coordinate travel and lodging, etc.
• Perform all administrative operations and filing information and documentation, related to ICFO events.
The appointee will preferably:
• Have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Professional fluency of English -written and spoken.
• Have organizational, planning and analytical skills.
• Have an eye for detail, responsibility, and eager-to-learn attitude.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have ability to perform tasks independently and as part of a team.
• Be willing to adapt to a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the different events and activities.
• Be willing to meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
• Knowledge of Windows-based computer programs and related software applications.
• The opportunity to become a member of a young, fast growing and internationally recognized research institution.
• Initial one year contract. Renovation and permanent position subject to successful evaluations.
• Salary according to the institutional salary scales.
• ICFO is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions of persons with disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
The formal application should be submitted via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Ref.: 11.311
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
– Presentation letter with a declaration of interest.
– Curriculum Vitae, including contact details.
Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process. The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified.
For updated information about ICFO, please visit http://icfo.eu